27 July 2009

The Unforgettable Fire

Last weekend I had the opportunity to live a dream -- twice. My sister gifted me with the immaculate graduation gift - tickets to see one of my favorite bands in their home city. And so it was, my sister, myself, and our friend Brennan on the Emerald Isle to hear one of the greatest rock bands of our time "melt some faces" (Jack Black).

U2 at Croke Park in the north side of Dublin, Ireland, did not disappoint. These guys, more than 30 years on, still have it.

The first show we saw was on Friday July 24 - we had pitch (standing) seats...we couldn't get enough so the next day, we got scalper tickets and sat on the upper levels!! Both shows were incredible.

Among the highlights:
- seeing my sister go absolutely nuts :)
- hearing some of my favorite songs live by the band that wrote them!!
- watching the Edge, Larry Mullen Jr., Adam Clayton and Bono play like they're back in 1983
- an acoustic version of "Desire"
- a techno remake of "I'll Go Crazy if I Don't go Crazy.."
- "Sunday Bloody Sunday" under the green lights to honor protesters in Iran, with a little "Rock the Casbah" intertwined

Here is a sampler video - I intentionally did not take too much video of one particular song because I only had one memory card and wanted to get as much as I could (most of it is on YouTube anyway) - just thought you might like to see it from my perspective!

2 comments:

Globalgirl1 said...

Love it!!!

Mamta said...

Amazing!! I love how clear the video turned out even at night, and Sunday Bloody Sunday must have been amazing in person; The green looks gorgeous on the night sky.